I originally posted this on June 6, 2010 in YadaYadaYada.
I figured serving hubby with Kotopoulo Lemonato is not enough. So I baked this yummy dessert for him. I didn’t like Key Lime bars before but when I tasted Lucille’s Key Lime Cheesecake, I thought it was heavenly! So I mixed the concept of a key lime bar and a key lime cheesecake in one. And I came up with my own version of key lime cheesecake bar. It’s really yummy but I did something wrong so it looks bad 🙁 This recipe and I will definitely have a rematch soon
1 1/2 cups of finely crushed Graham crackers
4 tbsp. brown sugar
10 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
2 packs (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 tbsp grated lime peel
How to cook:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the pan.
- In a bowl, combine the Graham crumbs, sugar and flour. I got the crushed Graham already and 1 pack is just the right amount. But if you can’t one, crush 10-12 Graham crackers. Add the butter 5 tbsp at a time. Mix well until the dry mix is moistened and gets crumbly.
- Press the crust evenly into a 13×9 baking pan and bake for 15minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and beat until well combined. Stir in the lime juice and lime peel.
- Pour the filling on top of the warm crust in the center and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. If you like the filling to be wobbly (like I do), take it out of the oven after 15 minutes. If you like it stiff and fully set, bake it for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool in room temperature for 2 hours in a wire rack.
- Cut into bars with a knife. If the filling sticks into the knife, dip the blade in warm water before slicing.
- Put in air tight containers and chill.
Promise, these key lime cheesecake bars are the best!