There’s a small pizzeria in our condo and the smell of pizza cookin’ in the oven would always fill the lobby all the way down to the basement parking. I don’t like their pizza but the smell of fresh pizza crust is like no other. It makes you crave for pizza even if you’re full. This evening, I re-created that smell in our very own unit 🙂
I was surprised at how easy it is to make pizza and thankful at that because it will help me clean up my ref and make something good out of our leftovers!
Here’s my humble take on CPK’s Barbecue Chicken Pizza made with some leftovers and store-bought frozen pizza crust 🙂
- Store-bought pizza crust (sorry I don’t know how to make one yet)
- 1 small pouch Del Monte sweet-style pizza sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, need round slices
- leftover rotisserie chicken (or make one yourself)
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce/marinade
- cheese (mozarella is definitely ideal but in my case, i used leftover quick-melt cheddar)
- bell pepper
Preheat the oven to 375degrees F.
Shred the leftover rotisserie chicken and mix it with the barbecue marinade. Set aside. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the crust. If you got it frozen, let it thaw first. Top with the chicken, mushrooms, diced bell pepper, and cheese.
Place on a pizza pan and bake for at least 15-17 minutes.
That effin’ easy!