One of the things that we always consider when we travel is the budget, of course. It’s easy to budget the costs of airfare and accommodation because much of the information are pretty much declared in the websites or travel platforms. But we’re always left wondering about how much should we budget for food, or transportation for each day in our trip.
I did a roundup of all the food that you can eat for 5,000won or less, and that should be helpful when you plan your meals in Seoul. But do take note that those prices were as of October 2017, and were based on the prices of food in Seoul. Just take note of those conditions so that you won’t feel like you were misled when you later on discover that the actual prices have changed.
In this post, I will share with you the cost of some items that you might need for your travel but were not included in my cost of food post.
Apart from these, you may also want to know about the prices of some non-food items in case you intend to stay in South Korea a little bit more than the usual 5 or 7-day trip. These are the average approximates:
- A branded pair of jeans, 65,000 won
- A pair of Nike, Adidas, or similar sneakers, 105,000 won
- A liter of gas is about 1,600 won
- A 400-ml shampoo, 9,000 won
- A tube of toothpaste, 3,000 won
- A haircut, 20,000-30,000 won
- Ticket for two at the movies, 20,000 won
- A 3-course dinner in an Italian restaurant with wine for two, 65,000 won
- A pack of Marlboro cigarettes, 4,500 won
And that’s it! I hope you find this post helpful. Will catch up with you in the next one!
BEFORE YOU GO...
Check out these amazing deals that will make your travel to Korea really convenient and hassle-free!
WIFI EGG/SIM CARD
- 4G Wifi from KT Olleh, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G Wifi from WIDEMOBILE, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G SIM Card for pick up at Incheon Airport
- SAFEX Airport Luggage Services. Drop off your luggage at the airport, and SAFEX will deliver it to your hotel. That means, you can start your tour upon arrival without having to worry about your luggage! On your way back, leave your luggage at your hotel, and SAFEX will pick it up and bring it back to the airport.
- LuggAgent Seoul Airport Luggage Services. Similar to SAFEX, LuggAgent will take care of your luggage for you so that your time is freed up for other things without you worrying about your luggage!
- KR (Korail) Pass. You’ll need this if you’re going to Busan or when you need to take Korail.
- AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket to City Hall, Namsan, Gangnam, COEX, Jamsil
- Private Airport Transfer for a Group of 7
- Discover Seoul Pass. This is an essential Seoul attraction and transport pass for foreign tourists. The pass functions as both an admission ticket and transportation top-up card (T-Money).