I’ve seen South Korea in almost all seasons except summer. And of all the seasons, I am most in love with fall. I frequently visit South Korea during spring and while the flowers are beautiful when in full bloom, for me, they don’t beat the beauty of South Korea’s fall foliage. They’re breathtaking and they really prove that after winter, spring and summer, nature has really prepared for the grand finale. Autumn is my favorite of all seasons in South Korea.
Here are some of the photos I took when I visited South Korea around October last year to attend Food Week Korea 2017.
If you are going to visit South Korea this fall, then you definitely should not miss these amazing fall activities!
Gyeongju Pink Muhly
Fall is the time when the feathery pink muhly will be in full bloom and the best place to enjoy this stunning view is in Gyeongju. Trazy has an exclusive Gyeongju Pink Muhly 1-day Tour inclusive of transportation, entrance fees, and English speaking tour guide. You’ll get to explore the pink muhly field around Chemseongdae, plus you’ll get to go to Wolji Pond, and spend time in the trendiest place in Gyeongju, Hwanagnidan-gil.
Mt. Seorak shows off its stunning reddish foliage during autumn, and this Trazy special Seoraksan Hiking Tour is a well-loved activity by tourists and locals. This package includes round-trip transportation, entrance fees, and English speaking guide.
This special tour from Trazy will take you to the best mountains in Korea that are known for the best and most scenic fall foliage. This tour includes transportation, guide, and light breakfast to let you start your day on the right foot. You get to choose 1 from 4 national parks: Seoraksan, Odaesan, Daedunsan, or Naejangsan.
At Odaesan, you’ll get to visit the filming location of Goblin. At Daedunsan, you’ll enjoy rocky peaks and you’ll get to ride a cable car to get the best autumn views. At Naejangsan, you’ll get to see waterfalls and a Buddhist temple. Regardless of what you choose, you’re definitely in for a great view of Korea’s fall foliage!
This is a Seoul vicinity 1-day tour that will take you to Pocheon Art Valley, popularized by “The Legend of the Blue Sea” which starred Lee Min Ho. You’ll also get to go to Pocheon Herb Island and experience picking apples from an apple farm. It’s going to be an exciting day tour that’s not only filled with beautiful fall sights, but also with fun activities for you, your friends, or family!
Fall is definitely a great season to visit South Korea. The weather is cool and comfortable, and the sights are awesome. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be your favorite season too when you get to see the breathtaking fall foliage! Will catch up with you in my next post.
BEFORE YOU GO...
Check out these amazing deals that will make your travel to Korea really convenient and hassle-free!
WIFI EGG/SIM CARD
- 4G Wifi from KT Olleh, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G Wifi from WIDEMOBILE, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G SIM Card for pick up at Incheon Airport
- SAFEX Airport Luggage Services. Drop off your luggage at the airport, and SAFEX will deliver it to your hotel. That means, you can start your tour upon arrival without having to worry about your luggage! On your way back, leave your luggage at your hotel, and SAFEX will pick it up and bring it back to the airport.
- LuggAgent Seoul Airport Luggage Services. Similar to SAFEX, LuggAgent will take care of your luggage for you so that your time is freed up for other things without you worrying about your luggage!
- KR (Korail) Pass. You’ll need this if you’re going to Busan or when you need to take Korail.
- AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket to City Hall, Namsan, Gangnam, COEX, Jamsil
- Private Airport Transfer for a Group of 7
- Discover Seoul Pass. This is an essential Seoul attraction and transport pass for foreign tourists. The pass functions as both an admission ticket and transportation top-up card (T-Money).