First off, in case you’re wondering, yeah, that’s the correct spelling: Ewha WOMANS University. I also wondered about that years ago but my Korean friend corrected me and said it’s really spelled that way.
Ewha Womans University was Korea’s first educational institute for women. It was founded way back in 1886 by an American missionary and to date, the university has 15 graduate schools, 11 colleges with 67 departments, and several research institutes. The Ewha Campus Complex is the largest underground campus in Korea. It has a library, bookstore, gym, cafes, movie theater, and on the first floor, there are lecture rooms and an eco-park.
Last spring, I was able to check out Ewha Womans University and because it was a Sunday afternoon that time, the university wasn’t busy, and I headed out with my family, we decided to spend some time at the campus and have a lovely afternoon snack there. After going around the school, we walked back to the Ahyeon-dong Wedding Street.
I wasn’t able to take photos of the alleys around Ewha Womans University and of the Ahyeon-dong Wedding Street as I was the one pushing my son’s stroller. But just to give you an idea of what to expect in the area, it is helpful to note that it is a popular shopping district and being a university area, it’s common to see clothes, shoes, and accessories shops, as well as salons, restaurants, and cafes that are mainly intended for the young people.Parking here with some photos below and I will catch up with you on my next post. Til then, annyeong!
BEFORE YOU GO...
Check out these amazing deals that will make your travel to Korea really convenient and hassle-free!
WIFI EGG/SIM CARD
- 4G Wifi from KT Olleh, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G Wifi from WIDEMOBILE, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G SIM Card for pick up at Incheon Airport
- SAFEX Airport Luggage Services. Drop off your luggage at the airport, and SAFEX will deliver it to your hotel. That means, you can start your tour upon arrival without having to worry about your luggage! On your way back, leave your luggage at your hotel, and SAFEX will pick it up and bring it back to the airport.
- LuggAgent Seoul Airport Luggage Services. Similar to SAFEX, LuggAgent will take care of your luggage for you so that your time is freed up for other things without you worrying about your luggage!
- KR (Korail) Pass. You’ll need this if you’re going to Busan or when you need to take Korail.
- AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket to City Hall, Namsan, Gangnam, COEX, Jamsil
- Private Airport Transfer for a Group of 7
- Discover Seoul Pass. This is an essential Seoul attraction and transport pass for foreign tourists. The pass functions as both an admission ticket and transportation top-up card (T-Money).