About a year or two ago, when we were talking about how we wanted to celebrate our respective 40th birthdays, my husband asked if I wanted to do a Europe tour, or visit the US again, or maybe throw a party. I said I just wanted a low-key celebration and a solo trip to Seoul to spend at least 2 weeks there and enjoy the place at my own sweet pace.
Now, I finally just concluded my 10-day trip to Busan and Seoul. It’s the first time I traveled without my husband and son and while I frequently found myself being homesick and missing them during the first 6 days, I did enjoy the experience, learned a lot, and looked forward to the day that they will be joining me in Seoul. I honestly don’t think I can do this again. Maybe in the future, who knows? But right now, I have fully accepted that while there are many things that I wished I can do solo, it really is not as fun experiencing things without my family.
But before I proceed to show you a summary of the places I visited, let me share with you first the DISCOUNTED VOUCHERS that I purchased before traveling to Korea:
- 4G WiFi Egg Rental from Klook.com – I used this for my entire stay in Korea and I paid only around P132 Philippine pesos per day. What a steal!
- Flexible 2-Day KR Pass from Klook.com – This is for my transfer from Seoul to Busan and vice versa. You can actually get more discount if you’re booking for at least 2 persons because then you will be able to get the Adult Group Saver discounted rate!
- Everland Roundtrip Shuttle from Trazy.com – Under the blogger sponsorship program of Trazy, my whole family was sponsored to visit Everland and to go there, I purchased vouchers for roundtrip shuttle service from Myeongdong to Everland and back. This is so convenient and is a must-buy especially if you’re traveling with your parents and/or kids.
And with that, let me now share with you the places I visited during my spring visit to Busan and Seoul. I will be publishing separate and more detailed posts soon so please subscribe to my blog 🙂
It was raining the whole day when I arrived in Busan. Since it was raining and I was still tired from the flight and transfer from Seoul to Busan, I decided to just stay in Seomyeon and explore the underground shopping mall at the Seomyeon Station. The following day, the sun went out and it was a go signal for me to start exploring Busan. I visited the following:
It’s my third time in Seoul and I just wanted it to be a free-and-easy-anything-goes trip for me. I stayed in Myeongdong so my day is pretty much just Myeongdong and some random place I want to check out. Here are the places that I visited:
- Namdaemun Market
- Gwanghwamun Square
- Ewha Womans University
I also got the privilege to be part of the blogger sponsorship program of Trazy.com where I was sponsored to experience a day tour of Everland along with my family. It was the highlight of my Seoul trip because it’s something that I enjoyed with my family so my first post will be about Everland.
I am excited to share my experience with you. Please stay tuned for my upcoming posts. Annyeong!
BEFORE YOU GO...
Check out these amazing deals that will make your travel to Korea really convenient and hassle-free!
DISCOUNTED BUSAN EAST COAST CULTURAL DAY TOUR
- This is one of the best day tours you’ll ever get in Busan because you get to visit 4 locations in one day inclusive of transportation, entrance fees, and an English speaking guide. These attractions are far apart from each other and this amazing tour makes it easy for you to visit all of them in one day without you having to worry about where to board the next bus, fall in line for tickets, etc. What you’ll visit: Taejongdae, Gamcheon Culture Village, Songdo Skywalk, and Haedong Yonggunsa Temple!
WIFI EGG/SIM CARD
- 4G Wifi from KT Olleh, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G Wifi from WIDEMOBILE, for pick up at Incheon Airport
- 4G SIM Card for pick up at Incheon Airport
- SAFEX Airport Luggage Services. Drop off your luggage at the airport, and SAFEX will deliver it to your hotel. That means, you can start your tour upon arrival without having to worry about your luggage! On your way back, leave your luggage at your hotel, and SAFEX will pick it up and bring it back to the airport.
- LuggAgent Seoul Airport Luggage Services. Similar to SAFEX, LuggAgent will take care of your luggage for you so that your time is freed up for other things without you worrying about your luggage!
- KR (Korail) Pass. You’ll need this if you’re going to Busan or when you need to take Korail.
- AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket to City Hall, Namsan, Gangnam, COEX, Jamsil
- Private Airport Transfer for a Group of 7
- Discover Seoul Pass. This is an essential Seoul attraction and transport pass for foreign tourists. The pass functions as both an admission ticket and transportation top-up card (T-Money).